YOU ARE AN INDIAN IF.....
1. Everything you eat is savored in garlic, onion and tomatoes.
2. You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminium foil.
3. You try to eject food particles from between your teeth by pressing your tongue against them and making a peculiar noise like, tshick, tshick, tschick, tschick.
4. You are standing next to the two largest size suitcases at the Airport.
5. You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think it's normal.
6. You peel the stamps off letters that the Postal Service missed to mark up.
7. You recycle Wedding Gifts.
8. You name your children in rhythms (example, Sita & Gita, Ram & Shyam)
9. All your children have pet names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.
10. You take Indian snacks anywhere it says "No Food Allowed"
11. You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.
12. You load up the family car with as many people as possible.
13. You use plastic to cover anything new in your house whether it's the remote control, VCR, carpet or new couch.
14. Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think, but they won't let you do certain things because of what the other "Uncles and Aunties" will think.
15. You buy and display crockery, which is for special occasions, which never happen.
16. You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
17. Your kitchen shelf is full of jam jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils (got free with some household items).
18. You fight over who pays the dinner bill.
19. You live with your parents and you are 40 years old.(And they prefer it that way).
20. You never learnt how to stand in a queue.
21. You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to see you off or receive you whether you are travelling by bus, train or airplane.
22. You only make long distance calls after 11 p.m.
23. You call an older person you never met before "uncle."
24. When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you're talking to a distant cousin whom you have never met.
25. Your parents still scream at the top of their lungs when making foreign calls. As if they do not shout there voice wont reach the other end.
26. You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them from getting dirty.
27. It's embarrassing if your wedding has less than 800 people.
28. You have drinking glasses made of steel.
29. You have mastered the art of bargaining in shopping.
30. You have really enjoyed reading this mail - forward it to as many Indians as possible.