The Deceptive Mumbai
Mumbai has been a new name of Bombay and is a fun city to live. But if you tried to link the meaning of the name of places within it with matching history you will be fooled.
1. Bombay, Bomb-bay has no bombs and is a harbour not a bay
2. Churchgate has neither a church nor a gate. It is a railway station.
3. Lalbaug (Red Garden) is neither red nor a garden
4. No king ever stayed at Kings-Circle.
5. Queen Victoria did not stay at Victoria Terminus.
6. There is no princess or princess story at Princess street.
7. Lower Parel is at the same level as Parel.
8. There are no marines or sailors at Marine Lines.
9. The Mahalaxmi temple is at Haji Ali not at Mahalaxmi.
10. There are no pigs traded at Dukar bazaar.
11. Teen bati is a junction of 3 roads, not three lamps.
12. Trams used to terminate at Kings circle not Dadar Tram Terminus.
13. Breach Candy is not a sweetmeat market.
14. Safed Pool has the dirtiest blackish water.
15. You cannot buy coal at Kolsa street.
16. There are no Iron smiths at Lohar chawl.
17. There are no pot makers at Kumbhar wada.
18. Lokhandwala complex is not an Iron and steel market.
19. Null bazaar does not sell taps.
20. Nor does Bheendi Bazaar sell lady fingers.
21. Kalachowki does not have a black Police station.
22. Hanging Gardens are not suspended.
23. Mirchi Gully does not sell chillies.
24. Figs do not grow in Anjir Wadi, Sitafals do not grow in Sitafal.
25. Wadi, Jackfruits do not grow at Fanaswadi.
26. Khoka Bazar does not have any box manufacturer, seller or buyer.
27. There is no darkness in Andheri.