Some more Siddhuisms
1. Bad habits are like comfy beds - easy to get into, very difficult to get out of.
2. You aren't rewarded for having brains, you're rewarded for using them.
3. A lemon squeezed too hard yields a bitter juice.
4. Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier.
5. Curry is a worry.
6. Liquor talks mighty loud when it's let loose from the jug.
7. To achieve, you have to believe.
8. Success is the fruit of concentration.
9. Strike when the iron is hot, and make the iron hot by striking.
10. Strength grows in the garden of patience.
11. Gamblers are like toilets - broke one day, flush the next.
12. If you dine with the devil, use a long spoon.
13. Your originality is your strength.
14. If you enjoy a particular thing, you will always succeed at it.
15. The bill was buzzing past the head like a bumblebee breaking wind.
16. Winning is not important, but wanting to win is.
17. When you are submerged up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that isn't submerged.
18. Faith in your abilities will help you face the music, even if you don't like the tune.
19. Even a turtle won't move until he sticks his neck out.
20. The doghouse is no place to keep a sausage.
21. Penny and penny will make many.
22. Every dog is a lion at his own door.
23. Even a cock crows over his own dung heap.
24. A good lather is half the shave.
25. Disappointments need to be cremated, not embalmed.
26. Those openers are like nappies, and changed for the same reason.
27. A tree is always known by its fruit.
28. The blood of the soldier gives glory to the general.
29. Troubles are like babies - the more you nurse them, the bigger they grow.
30. The first blow is half the battle.
31. A recession is where you have to tighten your belt.
32. A depression is where you have no belt to tighten.
33. When you have no pants to hold up, it is time to panic.
34. Next to good judgment, diamonds and pearls are the next rarest thing.
35. When everything is coming your way, you might just be in the wrong lane of traffic.
36. It is choice, not chance that determines destiny.
37. Fine feathers make a fine bird.
38. Flattery is like chewing gum, you chew it for a while, don't swallow it - and after a while, spit it out!
39. Every time a lamb bleats, it loses a mouthful of hay.
40. You may have a heart of gold, but so does a hard-boiled egg.
41. Judge people by their performance, not by their intentions.
42. A true professional is like a chameleon - he will change colour to suit his surroundings.
43. Easy to criticize an egg, difficult to lay one.
44. Keep feeding your faith until your doubts starves to death.
45. Experience is the thing you get right after you need it.
46. When you're running with the big dogs, you can't piddle like a puppy.
47. They are like brooding hens on top of a china egg.
48. It is better to pluck the fruit from the tree than wait for it to fall.
49. You've got to put the saddle on the right horse.
50. Big boast, small roast.